Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Revelation

I was appraised by Jim in drums class today. Hehe. He told me I did good. Only the starting beats…but when it comes to the new exercises(1/2, ¼, 1/8 beats), I was a little confused. Need more practise. Jim once again told me to change to another class in Uptown.

Jim: Do you drive here?

Me: No.

Jim: Do you have motorbike?

Me: No. I have no transportation.

Jim: Ha?

Me: (Smile. Yeah, laugh at me because I can’t afford to have any personal transportation. I’m sure he asked me all this because he thinks that I’m a rich kid or something.)

Jim: So you come here by LRT. (I’ve told him this before.) How far actually the station from your house?

Me: 10 minutes walk. But just now, my friends (Shake and Janet) sent me here.

I met both of them in KJ. We went for some drinks and exchanged stories(it’s been a while) where Shake being his old self, telling me his EPF payment and showed off his credit card. I didn’t ask how much he got from his job because I don’t want to bother. Maybe that’s why he told me all that just to give some clues on how much he makes. It’s funny how people trying to tell me they’re doing better when in fact, they’re making fool of themselves. I’m not jealous or something but flashing your credit card in front of other people? Get a life. Sorry bro if you read this. I mean, I’m not a big fan of credit cards because I still can afford to pay cash for everything I want. Why credit when you can pay cash? Why pay more? I know, most of the card holders used it to impress people. Well, I’m just giving my thoughts here. In the end, it’s up to the individuals to decide what’s good and what’s not for them. It’s all about rights nowadays, right? Right. He tried to ask how much I make in the most polite way by suggesting different ranges of figures. I just say yes…in the most adamant way. To me, salary is a personal figure. I should have written about this earlier. I had this small argument with Nine before. He keeps insisting on my salary.

Nine: How much do you make?

Me: I’m not telling.

Nine: Oh come on. There’s no worry sharing with your friends.

Me: It’s my right not to reveal. I had never asked yours, had I? You’re the one who went around telling people and now you want to know mine.

Nine: OK, OK.

I mean, some things are better left unsaid. To you bloody jokers out there, don’t worry. I’m not making that much. I’m not making more than you jokers(this is what I always told them) And don’t worry, I’m not going to be millionaire by the end of this year. Next year perhaps.

Jim: So I hope you’ll think carefully about this OK. It’s nearer there because you live in KJ.

Me: (Nodding and pondering)

Jim: You can bang harder there. You can play as loud as you can. The drums are much more expensive and real.(I learn using the electrical one)

Me: (Nodding and pondering)

Jim: So you think about it OK.

I mean, I’d be happy to move there but once again, the culprit is the transportation. I have none. Furthermore, if I moved there, I won’t be able to go to Borders and enjoy reading free books every Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home