Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Books

When I got home from work, I read about this book prizing from The Sun and I stumbled across this familiar name, Alan Hollinghurst. He’s last year’s winner of Man Booker Prize and I’m not sure where I learnt about him. It’s either from the Net or from that rental book store in Taman Tun(where I used to rent books while doing my practical training nearby). Talking about books, they remind me of this book shop called ‘Skoob’(reverse the word and you’ll get what it means) somewhere in KL. I’ve been wanting to go to this shop years ago but didn’t know its exact location. I found out about it few years ago through newspaper and being my forgetful self, forgot to jot down the address. So if anyone out there knows about it, please shed some light ok. So this Alan guy is a gay author. I haven’t really had the chance to read his works but winning that award tells some things about him, right? So next week, if everything goes well, I’m gonna check out Alan’s at Borders after my drums class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home