Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Maybes

The Strokes-'Hard To Explain'

Went to the agency as promised. I was quite early there. When asked by this guy why I was there, I told him that Lydia asked me to come and he was like ”There’s no Lydia here”. I know he’s a queer. And then I was like ”Ha? But she called me twice to come here at 17th floor & she said her name is Lydia.” I convinced him. And then he was like “Never mine, come with me” and there I go with 3 others in a room, a meeting room I guess. So he told me that the company is Celcom. Sounds good but it requires me to work in shift until 2 a.m. I don’t have a transportation and this has always becomes one of the obstacles. So he told me to see this woman called Eva where she has a more ‘suitable’ time for people like me. Feel like an outcast. We waited for quite a long time until that briefing in the same room. She briefed us everything we need to know for the interview. Oh, the company is TMNET and yes it’s Streamyx. So after the briefing, we were told to go to the IBM building(where the call centre is) in group. Feels like in school days! And then this guy introduced himself to me. Let us just call him Andy. He’s kinda cute but I’m not sure why he decided to introduce himself to me first. Fuck it, he’s just being friendly idiot! OK. So Andy and I walked together from that moment and we exchanged stories. When I told him I’m not sure whether I’m going to take this because I have drums class on Sundays(the job requires us to work on weekends too). He pulled out stories about his band, the underground scenes and how his band’s looking for a drummer. We were talking like we know each other. Non stop. So on our way there(to Masjid Jamek station), he told me he has a girlfriend who’s studying at the same place with him. Yeah I know. Everyone I know is damn straight. So he told me too that he’s interested in becoming an air crew. Strange huh? Come on, not all of them are gay OK. I found out to that he also went to the last ‘Rock The World’. His band plays ska and those oi things. I wish to play in such bands too. We stopped at the Taman Bahagia Putra station where we were told that there’s no bus from there to Taman Tun. Fuck you Eva, you misinformed us! So off we went to the next station as told by the lady who’s manning a stall there. Once again, we were conned! There’s no bus to Taman Tun from there too! So we decided to take taxi & arrived ½ an hour earlier than the promised interview time. Just perfect to have lunch. So being there before(I did my practical training nearby), I brought them to the cheapest and affordable place in town…the IBM foodcourt! Really, they’re cheap! So after lunch, we went up to the 17th Floor and waited for a woman named Suzana. It’s lunch time and we waited like for 1 hour before she showed up. She brought us to this room full with computers. It appears to be a training room. We did some Words & Excel test there. I did badly. Fuck it, I forgot the sum formula! Then we were told to move outside where we did English Proficiency Test. It’s quite tough. Then we were told again to move to the other side(the place is huge) for the real interview. I was the first to be called and damn, I was hammered, bombarded mercilessly! There’re role-playing questions too. With some guts left, I asked them whether I’ll get the job or not. They said no. That’s what I’ve been waiting for. An honest, no-strings-attached answer. Relieved & somewhat perturbed, I went out of the pantry(yes, they tortured me there…but no utensils involved, OK) and told them(the rest who waited outside) I was roasted like young ham. Fast and completely done. I waited for Andy until he got his turn. His face was glowing and I knew he got the job. He was interviewed by other people. Mine were(yes, 2 against 1 and it was a bad threesome experience…hehehe) racists I guess. The place is full with their ‘kind’. I don’t mean to be racist here but honestly, that’s what I feel. But then again, maybe it’s just me. maybe it’s not my rezeki there. Maybe my suspicious mind has overplayed its role. Maybe I’m not good enough for that kind of job. Maybe.

So while on our way to the nearest bus stop, there it was, parking proudly among other bikes, Nef’s scooter! I was stunned & were starring at it for few seconds to make sure that it’s really his and it’s really his! My curiosity starts to mingle freely in my head. Is he working there? Is he working in the same company or other company nearby? Is he doing his industrial training? Was it really him or his friend who uses his scooter? I can go on and on with all these stupid questions! Back to the bus stop, we found out that there’s no bus going to KJ Putra station. We took a taxi. On our way there, I wondered whether he saw me there. Even if he saw me, things wouldn’t change. I know he won’t bug me anymore. But deep down inside, I miss his antics, his own way of attracting me. I wish to turn back time and not playing the hard-to-get card. Andy and I exchanged numbers when we arrived and promised to keep in touch. I continued my way to my dilapidated office. Everyone was surprised because of what I’m wearing today. I used to wear jeans and t-shirts but they saw me in formal attire. I knew they would asked me where I go(I took half day leave) and I told them I went to my uni for convo purposes. Hehe. Andy texted me later. He told me he just received a call and he got the job. The basic salary is less than what I get here. Even if I got the job, I’d have trouble of getting there. But that fucking scooter owner still lingers in my mind. I’ll give him my foremost, utmost attention if we get to work together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home