Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Tantrum

I'm always full of rage. I wasn't aware of this until some people called me 'garang'(fierce) few times. It's only then I know that often, certain gestures and words from me were construed as fiercy.

A good friend told me before, that if I were to be a lecturer or teacher, my students would be really afraid of me. Even a tiny mistake would deserve a spank. Some might even begging for more.

There was this time I told my friends that I called up Astro customer services.

Clawed-red-eyed hideous monster: I.want.my.subtitles.back.

Sweet-lollipop-condensed-milk Agent: The subtitle is there Sir.

Clawed-red-eyed hideous monster: The.English.subtitles. I want it back. It was there before but suddenly vanished. Poof. Gone into the air. Volatile. Smooching with the angels up there I believe.

Sweet-lollipop-condensed-milk Agent: *Shivering* Hold on Sir. Let me check it out for you.

At this point, I think the poor agent went to the nearest TV to check the subtitle.

Sweet-lollipop-condensed-milk Agent: There's no English subtitle for that program Sir, only Bahasa subtitles.

Clawed-red-eyed hideous monster: That's what I've been telling you earlier. The English subtitle wasn't there anymore. It WAS there before.

He keeps telling me there was never English subtitle and of course I keep telling him what I saw and believed. If it's not English subtitles I saw before, then what was it? Hebrew? You telling me I'm schizophrenic now? Well of course I didn't tell him this. I'm not that sarcastic! Yeah right...

Until he said,

Sweet-lollipop-condensed-milk Agent: I think I better check with the technical people and ask them to get the subtitles back for you.

Clawed-red-eyed hideous monster: When will I get my subtitles back?

Sweet-lollipop-condensed-milk Agent: In half-an-hour time Sir.

Well of course I know it's just a bloody fake pacifying assurance but I don't want to waste my time being an arse making him cry and shit in his pants in front of his colleagues. I've already missed some parts of the program while making this call and it will be over in less than half-an-hour. I bet if I were to make another call and requested to talk to the same agent, they might have said he's gone to Rwanda for good. So much I don't want to let him off the hook, I don't want to miss the program and having to wait for the repeat either. I just hate to wait. I let him off. He's doing fine now I believe.

And to my despair, my friends called me 'garang' for this.

I mean, come on, I paid my bill every month and I deserve services worth every cent I spent. I'm sure everyone agree on this.

What's the point of spending your money on shoddy services?

Well sometimes, people need to be 'garang' to get what they deserved.

But I never got my bloody subtitles back!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remembered the story!

ehehehehehehhehehe


-molly-

28/7/08 10:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know that tantrum of urs~

29/7/08 5:02 pm  
Blogger Efarojie said...

i know tat tantrums of yours

29/7/08 5:06 pm  
Blogger androi8 said...

molly: I'm sure you do! Hehe.

cass & effarojie: Of course you do. You're one of my punching bags! Dush! Dush! :P

29/7/08 11:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home