Monday, March 10, 2008

The Election

I just can't restrain myself from talking about the recent General Election result as I'm part of it too. It's my second time casting my votes and the people have spoken! Yehaaa! The people have spoken through the ballot box!

Although I'm a little upset with the result in my hometown which saw that 'weighing gadget' still reign and hanging around, if you know what I mean. Nevertheless, we managed to reduce their majority votes!

And as far as I know, I was the only one in my family who voted for the opposition. My mom even asked me who am I going to vote the night before the historical day. Sorry mom, your sweet son is one hell a defiant person.

In 2004, my votes went to the rocket for the parliamentary seat and to the keris-wielding bigot for the state seat. But this time around, my votes went to the rocket and to the bruised eyes for parliamentary and state seat respectively.

Why the change some of you may ask?

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"- Hamlet Act 1, Scene 4, W. Shakespeare.

Enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home