Monday, March 21, 2005

The Session Court:Part 2

Well, it seems like I have to make this into parts too since we have to present again this coming may. Like I've mentioned before, I accompanied this friend to the KL Session Court to hear his insurance trial. We arrived pretty early in the morning with me having to sleep only for an hour due to my latest job of managing this football club(more about this later). So we met again with this 'experienced' lawyer but it turned out that he's also picked on(or should I say scolded?) by the judge! As someone who knows little about law, we only expect that things will run smooth and this would be the last time we had to attend the court. The case was nearly dismissed due to the 'unreasonable' amount of money that the lawyer trying to settle with. The judge reminded him that he's been dealing with similar cases since 1977. He was like giving all the names of the places he'd dealt with and this lawyer was like adjusting his suit and pants, trying to think of something right to say! I was like what? My friend and I were like looking at each other in disbelief! We just knew at that time that he's nervous and almost give us the impression that we won't make it! The judge(in his own comical way) told the lawyer that he knew this lawyer had been 'reasonable' in all his cases but this time it's 'too tough'. The court burst into laughter! I guess, RM70,000 is just too high an amount to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home