Monday, September 10, 2007

The Gig

Went to Hujan's last gig before Ramadhan at the MCPA Hall. They were awesome like always. The best band perform last eh? Photos taken but will only be uploaded once Tommy is back. The band which performed before Hujan was pretty good too. We were told they were from Jitra, Kedah and they called themselves Bourjuis if I'm not mistaken. They played songs from Arctic Monkeys mostly and I think that was a good first impression for a new band and for an Arctic Monkeys fan like me. Hope to see more from them again. The front man even sings in British accent!

Oh, I almost pass this one. Hujan has already started a controversy. I don't know where is this coming from but it sure started somewhere. Probably Noh or any of his band mates said something that people perceived as homophobic?

Being a rock star has its price mate. My advise is, stick to what you do best, that's to perform, to make people happy. Shut your big mouth if you don't know what you're talking about. People that support you come from various backgrounds. I'd definitely stop paying to see any homophobic bands. Why would I waste my hard-earned money for bands that hate people like me?

2 Comments:

Blogger Salleh G. Samsa said...

Dude, its kind of irritating to get to know that people who are homophobic, sexist, racist or with any other sickness are playing in a place where we appreciate so much.

Independent scene is actually never belong to them. They are just another macho dick-head who just got a good music but never a good attitude and ethic.

And people are coming to gig or any independent show nowadays, just for the sake of being cool. Nothing more beyond that line.

I have been living and embracing the d.i.y/hc/punk ideas, and way of life for some few years and I knew what it meant and it is kind of fucked to know that all those bastards are making a good money playing in an independent shows.

And the worst part is that, they are too fucked for being such a fucker.

I used to listen to them and singing along to all their good songs. But, not after knowing that these bastard are just another macho-arrogant homophobic.

I am gay so, I am asking myself, "Why should I support them when they have never had a respect on a choice me and others?

Kick 'em out!

p/s- me and maybe few numbers of my friends are planning to do take some actions to make people understand what is homophobic, what is gay, what is homosexuality. We are planing to print it out as an independent zine. A split zine.

Care to join the army?

Haha

23/1/08 12:13 pm  
Blogger androi8 said...

Penny: Haha count me in! Thanks for dropping by anyway!

24/1/08 10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home