Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Review

The Fratellis-Chelsea Dagger

This is just a track-by-track review on Muse's Black Holes and Revelations since it's almost 18 hours before the gig. All songs reviews are made in alphabetical order.

Assassin

I hate to make comparison but this one I can't resist. Initial tune reminded me of the Knight Rider theme song. Political and subversive lyrics:War is overdue/The time has come for you/To shoot your leaders down/Join forces underground, though it looks like it was written by a 13-year-old kid.

City of Delusion

This one made my body moves. Not really my favourite but Matt's energetic chorus amused me. Flamenco anyone?

Exo-Politics

I hope Zouk's The Loft will play this song when my friends and I have fun there. Great track to dance to, hands down. Definitely Indie clubbers beauty.

Hoodoo

It's a shame that this track made itself in the album. If I were to close my eyes while listening to this, I'd say Thom Yorke's singing. Not that Thom is bad, but I can tell that this one will fade without delay and die at once.

Invincible

Another overused military drumbeats? Stop it and move on. I've had enough of this. Clever use of distorted bass lines anyway.

Knights of Cydonia

Probably one of the best tracks. I've reviewed this before here.

Map of The Problematique

I have no problem with this one. It's honest and didn't patronise fans like the over-hyped-radio-friendly SBH.

Soldier's Poem

Slow number, reminded me of Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World. Irritating.

Starlight

One of my favourites. I've reviewed this before here.

Supermassive Black Hole

Despicable. I've reviewed this before here.

Take A Bow

Inventive composing and chord changes. Another standout track. Ferocious with massive guts. Can bee seen as a direct attack against that bastard and his counterparts that I don't even want to have their names here.

Overall, BHR surpasses the average line. Maybe seeing them live tomorrow night may change some of my thoughts? Matt, Dom and Chris, see you guys there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home