Monday, October 17, 2005

The Doctor

In the clinic:

Doctor: Yes?

Patient: I had fever, flu and cough.

Doctor: (Checking my temperature) Mmm…your temperature is normal. But it’s OK, you can keep the medicine if you’re not ill(sarcastically). It’s fasting month and there’s many kind of fever. Even doctors had fever.

Patient: I had it since last Saturday. I couldn’t make it on that day. That’s why I’m here today.

Doctor: Are you in school?

Patient: No. I’m working. I just graduated. (Don’t know why I told him that. It just came up. Maybe I’m still in ‘graduating’ mood. Hehe)

Doctor: Oh. What are you doing now? Where do you work?

Patient: I’m just a clerk.

Doctor: What did you study before?

Patient: IT.

Doctor: You’re in IT but you work as a clerk? (Like I ask to be one. Duh)

Patient: Yeah. Just for experience (trying to foolishly avoid the question) I have no luck.

Doctor: So is it has anything to do with IT?

Patient: Not really. I mean, my job is between IT and Admin stuff.

Doctor: So you’re saying they’re utilising your IT skills?

Patient: Not that much. I’m more into admin thing(in frustration)

Doctor: Don’t give up. (Yeah. It’s easy for you to say that because look at you, you’re a doctor. You have the world with you!) Try harder. Don’t be complacent. Try to find the right friends, form a team. Move together. I mean, in this world, it’s all about problem and solution. If you’re a doctor, it’s problem and solution. If you’re an engineer, problem and solution. There’s a book called ‘No Man Is An Island’ by Thomas Merton. Have you heard it before?

Patient: (Nodding)

Doctor: If you want to take MBA, you got to have at least 2 years experience.(Huh?) The same with MSc.

Patient: Yeah. I’m thinking of taking MBA.

Doctor: The important thing today is reading, searching, learning, thinking. Thinking. You have to think(tapping his forefinger to his forehead). Go to Cyberjaya ( a local ‘Silicon Valley’). You’re an IT guy, you have PC or laptop right? Do you have a laptop?

Patient: Yeah, I have one.

Doctor: So go to Cyberjaya. It’s all about communication. Find all the companies there. Write to them. I have a daughter. She’s doing this software thing. BTW, what’s the different between IT, Computer Science and software?

Patient: Oh. I’m majoring in Multimedia. So I’m dealing with the audio, visual and animation and all that.

Doctor: So what’s software?

Patient: Well, errr…software is software…

Doctor: Programming?

Patient: Yeah. Programming(Duh…)

Doctor: My daughter hates programming.

Patient: I hate programming too.

Doctor: She defers programming every semester. You know, there’s programming language every semester.

Patient: Where is she studying?

Doctor: Oh. She’s in Gombak. You know there’s this university college there?

Patient: (Nodding hesitantly)

Doctor: Have you heard KOKTEM before?

Patient: Oh (pretending to know)

Doctor: So Mate, remember, no man is an island, no island is out of map.(Fuck you!). All the best to you.

Patient: Thanks doctor (Grrr)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home