Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Convocation

Coldplay-Speed of Sound

We had to wait almost 2 hours to get into the stadium! The arrangement was totally different than the rehearsal we did. My dad rang me numerous time asking when it’s going to start. The event started at 9.30 am. An hour late than scheduled! Well, it’s Malaysian culture man. Never on time. The entering procession was followed by ‘Gamelan’ music. Felt like royalty. I felt big and important at that time. Couldn’t see my dad and aunt at first but managed to wave them during the 5-minute break. The event ran smoothly. With political speech from Dato’ Hassan Harun who received the Honorary Doctorate Award. He mentioned about the need to change the medium of instruction in our schools to English. Saw Nef while he’s walking towards the stage. He smiled while receiving the folder and he did it sexily! Man, I’m in love with him.

Met them outside the stadium:

Dad: Congratulations!(Hugging son)

Son: Thanks.

Dad: Come with us for lunch afterwards.

Son: No. I can’t.

Dad: Why? Don’t you have time for us? You have other appointments?

Aunt: He sure has things to do with his girfriend after this.

Son: No. I don’t have girlfriend!(pissed off because I’m not straight)

Dad: Come on. You can bring her along.

Aunt: Yeah. We’ll get to know each other.

Son:(I refused. I’m sorry I’m gay. I wish I could tell that. Anyway, I had a deal with my friends to take pictures. If I were to follow my dad, I’m sure I will not get back here and this greatest moment in my life would have gone just like that. I made a quick decision, a selfish one you would say, to let down my parent. I’ve been too kind to many people and today’s my big day. MY DAY. Let me enjoy the moment, narcissistically.)

We managed to snap few pics though…

So, I’m with Faze’s family after that. My dad has to go back early to attend this Harley Bikers’ Meeting in Malacca. Shake and Jane are nowhere to be found! We had a deal to meet again after attending our parents. Damn. We don’t have our pictures together in robes. We’ve been through lots of shits together. Anyway, I joined Faze’s family who’s been planning to take picture at the studio. Went back to the stadium after that since some friends were still waiting there. My pictures were all over people’s cameras. My stepmom gave me a pen. Couldn’t find Nef though. Damn. Went back home tired, exhausted. What a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home