Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Usual

In the drums class:

Jim : What happened to you? You have no mood to play drums today? (Realising that I was not as usual, played badly)

Student: No. (Lying. Lots of things going on in his fucking head)

Jim: Then? Why you play like this? You hit the wrong instruments! That was a big mistake!

Student: Yeah. I’m sorry. (Regret that after lots of practise, he still sucks)

Jim: It’s ok. I’m pushing you too hard maybe. But that’s my style.(Turning pages of the drums catalogue) So, do you know any Pearl drummers? Can you name me any?

Student: Ugh…mmm…Lars Ulrich?

Jim: Nope. He’s not a Pearl player. He uses Tama. You see, because of him, Tama got famous.

Student: Ooo..

Jim: So there’s this drummer called Simon Phillips coming down this month. He’ll conduct a workshop.

Student: He plays in a band or what?

Jim: He’s an independent player. So if you’re interested, the fee would be RM40. He’s a really good. He’s quite old.

Student: Ooo

Jim: So, I want you to go back and practise faster beats. Next week I want to see you improve. Make sure you practise more. Do you always practise?

Student: I do practise but not everyday.

Jim: Please do better than today, next week.

Student: OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home