Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Outing

Went out to OU with Fam & Fah. They wanted to watch ‘Initial D’. Tickets were sold out at TGV and we tried our luck at the new GSC. It turned out that they didn’t show the movie yet! So we’re stucked there thinking of what to see. Oh ya, we met Zade and his girlfriend there. They wanted to see the movie with us. I suggested to them to watch H2G2 but Fah disagreed. Being her usual self…(I HATE, DESPISED stupid women). At last we settled with War of The Worlds. Bought only 3 tickets since Zade and his gf had seen it. But they came along with us to BK before the show. Believe it or not, it’s my first time there! Being grown up with McD’s all the time(reminisces my childhood. Used to celebrate my birthdays there, not anymore) I’ve never had the thought of trying other fast- food chains. I’m used to McD’s. So I stalled for few seconds when the staff gives me a cup with only ice in it and when he saw my clueless face, he told me that I can get the drinks myself from the dispenser installed, I feel like running away from there but I managed to control myself & tell him the truth, it’s my first time there! It’s a shameful experience! From that moment, I told myself that I should vary my fast foods options! Feel like choking my friends’ necks. They laughed at me! After having our meals, I told them to look for me at the MPH. I planned to buy ‘The Harmony Silk Factory’ but after reading the synopsis, it turned me off. Browsing through all the new arrivals, I came upon Martin Amis’ ‘Heavy Water’. Never heard of him before but the synopsis forced me to buy it. Met them outside the store & went straight to the cinema. The new cinema is definitely something to talk about. The gap between seats, provides enough space for your legs. The temperature is tolerable, unlike certain cinema where its freezing theatre makes you feel like frozen meat. The new theatre apart, ‘War’ is one hell fine movie. The idea of extraterrestrial intelligence invading our world is given new breath by Spielberg. ‘War’ has changed the idea that ‘lightning only strikes once at the same place’. Thanks to the tiniest micro organism(as if micro is not small enough) for saving the world. I give it 3 & a half star out of 5. 1 for imaginative storyline, another 1 is for saving the live of Tom Cruise’s son(I forgot his name but fuck it, he’s damn cute!) and another 1 & a half goes to that tight butt of Mr. Cruise. Hehehe. No really, it’s an awesome movie though some of my friends who seen it earlier told me it’s lame. I mean, it’s hard to satisfy everyone right? There’s this one scene where Cruise’s daughter saw floating bodies in the river & Fah laugh her lung out. I mean hey, it’s not a funny thing to see dead bodies flowing in the river. There are times I don’t understand how people value lives…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home