Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Tremors

Dashboard Confessional-Vindicated

We had it again. This time it was 8.2(first reported as 8.9) richter scale in Jakarta. I was listening to music when i suddenly felt like my bumps are rocking. At first I thought that I had a headache as I’ve been too long in front of the computer and when I asked my housemates, they too felt the same! I was like leaving my notebook and running outside the house afraid of it collapsing(we live in a terrace) and my housemates were like wondering and keep staying inside! Paranoid it seems but this is the second time I felt such vibration. At least, if the house was really collapsing, I saved myself! Selfish? Well, if you were me, I bet you’d do the same…except those housemates of mine...

After things were ok, we waited in front of the tv hoping to hear the latest news about the earthquake. To my amazement, TV3(claimed to get the largest number of viewers in Malaysia) didn’t report anything(though at that time we weren’t really sure if it was an earthquake and it was 12.20am, about 5 minutes after the quake) not even on the crawling bar beneath the screen so we turned to NTV7. It took quite a while before they came out with the news. I don’t know when we’re going to learn to channel such important news faster. However, credits should be given to NTV7 for being the first to bring us with the latest news.

At this time of writing, a warning has been issued for people not to be around the coastal areas. I really hope the earthquake won’t triggered another tsunami like what happened last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home